List of Global Challanges
- Carbon & Sustainability
- Innovation & Capability Voucher (ICV) Scheme
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Training center
BUSINESS CONTINUITY & DISASTER RECOVERY
What is Business Continuity Management (BCM) ?
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is a holistic management process which helps to assess, plan and strengthen the resilience of your value chain. BCM is a tool that enables organization to identify potential threats and thus provides a framework for your organization to build up its resilience and capabilities for an effective response. The aim is to safeguard the value-creation and reputation of the business as well as the interests of stakeholders.
- ISO 22301:2012 Societal Security – Business Continuity Management System (BCM)
- SS 540 Singapore Standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- BS 25999 World’s First British Standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM)
How is BCM important to your organisation?
BCM-readiness provides reassurance to your internal and external stakeholders that your operations are able to meet the needs of the constituency and you are prepared for the ‘worst case scenario’ situations. The ability to weather adversity will give your organisation an edge against your competitors. In summary, BCM is more than just insurance for your business.
Benefit of having BCM in placed?
- Be recognised as a reliable and sustainable business partner
- Enhanced business reputation and consumer confidence
- Demonstrate commitment for continuous quality improvements
- Gives assurance to current and potential customers the ability to provide continuous business support
- Protect assets and the business infrastructure
- Maintain operations and minimise financial impact during crisis
- When other companies are also affected by the same disaster, companies with a sound BCM Plan will have the opportunity to gain more business
- Meet tender requirements of government authorities, agencies and other MNCs